Rev. Dr. Lori Erwin-Johnson
Continuing Ministerial Coursework, Current Unity Urban Ministerial School, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Doctor of Divinity in Pastoral Ministry 2018
University of Theology & Spirituality, Tacoma, Washington USA
Advanced to PhD candidacy in Psychology, emphasis in cognition and instruction, 2014
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona USA
Master of Science in Psychology 2011
Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Science, 2009
Western International University, Tempe, Arizona USA
Three Units Clinical Pastoral Education, 2016-2017
Clinical Pastoral Education Center, Tacoma, WA USA. Supervisor, Rev. Dr. William R. Greaver, III
Center for Spiritual Care and Pastoral Formation, Spring, Texas USA
CURRENT AND ONGOING CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Death Doula Certification, 2018
- Mental Health First Aid, 2018
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, 2019
- Ethics and Boundary Issues, 2019
- Suicide Screening and Referral Training, 2019
- Conscious Aging Facilitation, 2019
- Mandatory Reporting, 2020
- Practice with Diverse Populations: Tools for Cultural Competence, 2020
- Developmental Disabilities Administration: Train the Trainer – Unconscious Bias, 2021
TEACHING & ADVISING EXPERIENCE
Progressive Christian Studies Instructor 2018-present
School of Progressive Christian Studies, University of Theology and Spirituality
- Taught eight courses in Progressive Christian Studies.
- Planned and taught courses based upon current historical evidence and academic research.
- Used instructional technology to enhance pedagogical technique.
- Taught in part with an innovative, interdisciplinary instructional schema.
Spiritual Direction Instructor 2017-2019
School of Spiritual Direction, University of Theology and Spirituality
- Instructor of record for eight courses on interfaith and ecumenical spiritual direction.
- Integrated multimedia and humanities approach to teaching spiritual direction using film and instructional technology.
- Encouraged self-reflective development with students.
COURSE CREATION EXPERIENCE
Course Creator 2017-2019, University of Theology and Spirituality, Tacoma, Washington USA
Minister and Spiritual Leader, Unity of Tacoma, WA USA, 2021-Present
Associate Minister, First Congregational Church of Tacoma, WA USA, 2015-2020
Associate Minister, Spiritualist Church of Tacoma, WA USA, 2018-2020
Church Administrator, First Congregational Church of Tacoma, WA, USA, 2010 – 2020
Manager, Center Peace Holistic Health, Tacoma, WA, 2002-2008
Certified Counselor, Washington State, USA 2015-17
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology: Division Two of the American Psychological Association.
- Spiritual Directors International
- Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Progressive Christian Alliance
- National Association of Congregational Christian Churches